- Schizophrenia: patients usually have less brain tissue
- Major Depression: scans show less brain activity in depressed brain
- Alzheimer’s: brain tissue significantly shrinks, hippocampus is usually the first region to go
- ADHD: less brain activity in the frontal cortex (area associated with decision making)
- OCD: high brain activity
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): hippocampal volume reduction (area involved in memory) and increased activation of the amygdala (area involved in emotional responses)
This is so important! I usually don’t reblog posts but people need to understand that mental illnesses are NO CHOICE! You cannot get over it, or snap with your fingers and just be okay again. It takes constant fixing and a lot of strength to get out of this.
So to everyone who judges people with mental disorders: people don’t get a choice to develop a disorder or not, but being stupid and telling them to get over it is a choice.
PLEASE DONT JUDGE THINGS UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND!
i wanna shove these in my mom’s face every time she says “just push through it”
Going to start sending this to people.